If you’re an organisation that relies on volunteers, the last thing you need is the worry of someone being injured while helping out, or a member of the public being hurt at your event.
Your Resilium Adviser can provide an insurance solution specifically designed for volunteer and community groups, that protects your organisation from any potential public liability exposure as a result of their activities.
Who is it for?
Your organisation qualifies for Association Liability Insurance if it:
- Is formed by a group of people and has a lawful community purpose that is not carried on for individual or owner profit or gain
- Has a charitable purpose or provides a public benefit
- Ensures the social fabric of the community is supported
- A business, government or semi-government sector is not in control
- Annual turnover does not exceed $10 million
- Note – Other eligibility criteria may also apply.
What does this insurance cover?
An Association Liability Insurance policy will typically cover:
- Up to $20 million cover
- Claims made against volunteers as a result of the performance of the volunteer work for the non-profit organisation
- You can organise additional cover for most fundraising events, entertainment, functions, parades, festivals, live drama, and dance and music festivals. For some activities, there may be an additional premium.
- Claims made against members for personal injury as a result of the activities conducted by the non-profit organisation.
- Additional optional cover is available for claims against members for personal injury during low-risk sport or recreational cover to members participating. There is an additional premium for this.
For more information or to arrange cover for you or your business, please contact us and speak with one of our advisers.